Wednesday 23 July 2014

The British Tag


I haven't done a tag in a very very long time. So when the lovely Karishma from Beneath the Brush tagged me to do The British Tag I couldn't turn it down being the patriot I am. 

Pictures taken on a recent trip to London

How many cups of tea do you drink a day and how many sugars?
I'm not your typical British person when it comes to tea and I rarely drink it, maybe once a week at the very most. When I do though, milk and two sugars please.

Favourite part of your roast?
I was having this discussion just yesterday at work. I can't choose between the meat (especially if it's beef), roast potatoes and Yorkshire puddings. All very yummy indeed.

Favourite dunking biscuit?
Definitely something with chocolate. McVities or Fox's though!

Favourite quintessentially British pass time?
Going to the seaside! I love walking along the pier with an ice cream (even when there's a bit of rain). 

Favourite word?
I think using words like 'mint' and 'sound' to say something is good. "I'm sound me" - The Northerner in me is all coming out now 'ain't it'?

Cockney rhyming slang?
Barney Rubble - Double Trouble. It's used in a song by The Twang that I love to.

Favourite sweets?
Love Hearts or Flying Saucers. Mmm.

What would your pub be called?
I'd probably name it after some music reference. Like The Songbird or something. Bonus points if you know that's an Oasis song too.

No.1 British person?
Oh wow, this could take me a while. I've got three that I just can't choose between. Kate Moss, total queen. Amy Winehouse, incredible music talent (today actually marks the three year anniversary of her death, RIP angel) and Alexa Chung, style guru. All of them are influences to me.

Favourite shop/restaurant?
Topshop, who else? I decided to go with a British chain of restaurants for this one and it's Toby Carvery. Typically British but sooooo good!

What British song pops into your head?
Oasis - Live Forever. We do guitar bands best in Britain. The Beatles aside, Oasis are up there.

Marmite?
Simply no!

So that was my take on The British Tag. As you can tell I love music, food and British IT girls.
I tag anyone who wants a go!



2 comments:

  1. Have to agree with Amy Winehouse, however Marmite is a complete yes for me haha

    A Fashion Sauce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tag! i love Amy winehouse music! maybe we can follow each other?, i’m following you via bloglovin and GFC… Hope you can do the same :)
    New Post… Visit Curly Glow

    ReplyDelete