Thursday 10 October 2013

Body Shop's Rainforest Radiance Hair Butter

Last week I had a bit of a hairdressing nightmare. Usually I'd ask my hairdresser for a roots touch up, half head of highlights and a trim. However, after pondering it for a while I decided I wanted to go to a darker blonde as such a whitey-blonde wasn't for me any more, especially with my naturally quite dark eyebrows. So I've been having a mobile hairdresser for quite a while as a busy schedule at work doesn't allow me to visit a salon recently. She turned my white blonde highlighted head into a very very light yellow-ish blonde that faded into the darker blonde I actually wished for. Picture this: ombre hair gone terribly wrong. 
Getting to the point of this post anyway.. I decided to just go to a salon the next day as I had an early finish at work. Luckily the problem was solved and she matched my natural mousey dark colour underneath and but fine highlights through the ridiculous yellow blonde roots. But while at this salon, the lovely lady who saved my hair disaster commented on how good of condition my hair was. This has encouraged me a lot to carry on keeping up my hair care routine but I have added something different to it recently that I am loving A LOT. This hair butter from The Body Shop is an amazing treatment for those straggly ends of your hair.


While browsing The Body Shop website I thought I'd try out some hair butter. After reading reviews a lot of people said it left your hair feeling dry and greasy if you put too much on your hair. I chose a smaller version of the product and will definitely be choosing the bigger pot when repurchasing. So when it arrived I decided to try it out and haven't stopped using it for a week now. Firstly, the smell is amazing - something I always look for in hair products. When applying I take a small amount (depending on how much hair you have got remember) and massage it through the ends of my hair. I then tend to leave it on for 5 minutes and rinse thoroughly. Since introducing it into my hair care routine I have felt such a difference, my hair feels really soft and silky, a whole lot lighter feel to it as well. I've even had a few compliments on how shiny it's looking.

What's your favourite body shop product?
Want to see a full hair care routine post as well?


2 comments:

  1. oh, Im very intrigued, this sounds great. the aussie 3 minute miracle (I think its called?) also meets your 'smells good, soft hair' requirements :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really loving it! They have another one in the collection I want to try also. Yeah I use loads of Aussie products, best smelling brand ever xo

      Delete