Saturday 7 December 2013

How I Spend My Christmas Tag

I haven't done a tag for a few weeks and why not get back into the Christmas theme for Blogmas with one?!

Image Source: We Heart It

1. What are you usually up to on Christmas Eve?
Well last year I was at work most of the day and I will be again this year but I usually spend the evening wrapping last minute presents, scoffing a takeaway, watching Christmas shows on TV and I always watch Gavin and Stacey Christmas special just before midnight!

2. Who do you spend your Christmas day's with?
I split my time between my Mum's and Dad's houses. I usually spend the morning with my Dad and have dinner with him then go across to my Mum's and spend time with my brother and a lot of the other family on my Mum's side (and there's a lot of them!)

3. Do you enjoy giving or receiving gifts?
Obviously I love to open up my own presents and get all excited but as you get older I think you appreciate the happiness you bring to other people by carefully picking out what you think they might like. Having a younger brother definitely highlights this for me, you can't beat the look on his face.

4. What does your outfit consist of on Christmas Day?
I tend to lazy around in pyjamas for a lot of the morning but before I always get changed into something a bit nicer. If I've had anything new I usually stick that on or a nice dress does the trick.

5. Do you enjoy shopping for your loved ones gifts?
If I'm honest I hate doing it all in one go, there's nothing worse than bashing into people with all your bags so I like to spread it out and start in October when it comes to Christmas shopping. I do tend to enjoy it though, it's the carefully picking things out that you know will bring a smile to someones face. I do prefer to scan the shops online before deciding as well.

6. Have you ever received a gift that you disliked and pretended you liked it?
I can't say there's anything that really stands out as I'm an easily pleased person and usually like everyone is kind enough to buy me. I do remember when I was about 6 though my Auntie giving me a pack of sticky notes as a stocking filler, I never really understood that one.

7. What would your ideal Christmas be?
My Mum and Dad have been separated for over 10 years now and I hate leaving either one for any period of time on Christmas but that's just the way the Christmas cookie crumbles sometimes. But a way for me to spend it with them both without not spending it without one of them would be cool.

8. What is your least favourite thing about Christmas?
Working in retail means the shopping rush just before for me. It's manic and people get nasty with you because there isn't what they want in stock but it's like erm, hellooooo you left it this late!

9. What is the best gift you have ever received?
I always remember the time when iPods first came out all them years ago and I had the very first iPod shuffle, the long thing one in white! I wasn't expecting at all and everyone is aware of my love for music so you can only imagine my little face when I unwrapped that one.

10. If you could choose one person to spend Christmas with who would it be and why? (Other than family).
Well it would have to be my closest friends. I'd love to see their faces opening what I've brought them because that's something I don't usually get to see! 

I tag anyone who's reading this and fancies having a go! If you do leave me your links I'd love to read your answers as well!

3 comments:

  1. really enjoyed reading that!, sounds like you have a fun Christmas!
    I did the tag on my blog
    http://beyond-beauty-lifestyle.blogspot.co.uk/ thanks for the idea! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading this! I spend most of Christmas morning in my pyjamas too, super comfy! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute tag! Am so with you on the Gavin & Stacey part :-)

    Sophie xx soinspo

    ReplyDelete