Friday 10 January 2014

2013 Favourites Part 2/2 - Skincare/Haircare


Continuing with my 2013 favourites three part series, today I have the skincare and haircare bits and bobs I've been loving. I do have a hair care post coming out soon as it has been requested so I haven't included too much as more in depth reviews will be coming very soon. Like I mentioned in yesterday's post I'm not a high end type of person but in 2014 I definitely want to splurge a little and use some higher end skincare and haircare products. I did experiment more towards the end of 2013 mind you.


| SKINCARE |

The Body Shop Aloe Calming Toner & Facial Cleanser (£3-£8) - I really enjoyed using these two products together though I do wish I'd brought the bigger sizes. That's the great thing about The Body Shop, a lot of their products you can buy in mini size which is great for trialling new products. These two together left me feeling really fresh though, perfect for mornings. 

L'Oreal Paris Skin Perfection Purifying Micellar Solution (£4.99) - With this offering from L'Oreal you can easily remove your make-up before having a good cleanse. With a quick few swipes over your eyes you can remove any tough eye-liners or mascaras with so much ease, no more sore eyes.

Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub (£8) - By far my most favourite exfoliator choice. Leaves the skin very soft and the perfect kick start to a killer fake tan. I'm a massive fan of citrus smells in body care products so I love the lime scent that goes with this glorious little pot. 


| HAIRCARE |

Aussie Take The Heat Shampoo (£4.69) - Now this might just be me being a little crazy but I find with blonde hair it's really hard to get a nice shine to it. Like many Aussie products it just gives me the best shine out of many hair products I've used. And anything that protects from heat damage is always a bonus.

L'Oreal Studio Line Matt and Messy: Salt Spray (£3.75) - Having natural/wavy hair is sometimes a good thing for myself. The amount of times I'll leave it in it's natural state and add a little bit of this salt spray from L'Oreal. It adds a bit of texture to it and I'm a fan of the whole 'beach hair' look. This small bottle lasts ages as well (I think they've changed the packaging since I last repurchased anyway). 

The Body Shop Rainforest Radiance Hair Butter (£3-£8) - Another product from The Body Shop that I brought in a mini size but is lasting me ages. I add this hair butter to the ends of my hair after conditioning to keep them soft, you don't need a lot of the butter. The trick with this one is 'less is more'. 

Part two of my 2013 favourites over with, if you missed yesterday's 2013 make-up favourites you can catch up HERE. What have been your favourites products in the past year?


5 comments:

  1. I love the loreal micellar water! I've repurchased it at least 10 times now :)
    & I love sugar crush too, could sniff it all day mmm :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the salt spray :)

    Beauty by Alice | Blog | YouTube | xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh the salt spray sounds amazing, really want to give that a try! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try the Micellar water I've seen so many great reveiws!!
    xxx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to give the body shop hair butter a try, I've been after something like that for a while now for my dry ends, and for that price you can't go wrong thanks for the heads up!

    www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete