Friday 31 January 2014

January Favourites

I've found that this month I have been trying out so many products, especially because I've put myself on a spending ban which you can read HERE. What comes with a spending ban is the fact you're forced to use a lot of products you already own - finding some old treasures in your never ending collection. Along with Christmas gifts too January has very much been the experimentation month!


  • Bourjois Happy Light Matte Serum Primer (£10.99) - I picked this product up with a gift card and Bourjois are a brand I'm really starting to enjoy. I was a little hesitant about a matte primer as I have a dry skin type but still I went ahead. I'm so glad I did, it gives me an airbrush like finish to my foundation after application. I also like how it comes in a glass bottle with a pump as I often feel like I'm wasting product when using a primer from a tube.
  • Clinique Lash Building Primer (£12.00) - Another primer! I actually picked this up a few months ago but couldn't get it work right for me. The mascara style wand holds a white product with the same consistency of a mascara, I swipe a few times over the lashes and it leaves my lashes with length all day, such a good purchase that was brought on a whim. 
  • Carmex Original Lip Pot (£2.69) -  I actually picked this up in Primark of all places for a little cheaper with a price of £2. I often wondered why everyone raved and ranted about this lip balm and now I can see why. I suffer with terribly chapped lips and this has been keeping the dryness at bay with so much ease. I really like products when I can see an impact straight away and this offers that.
  • Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain (£7.99) - Now I know I'm massively late with this product, so late Revlon have actually brought a new release out on this product but whatever. I opted for the shade Honey as I wanted something natural for everyday wear. I've been really enjoying lip stain products and this one from Revlon has become my absolute favourite. 
  • L'Oreal Triple Active Day Moisturiser (£6.49) - This product I actually picked up in a gift set from the boxing day sales and I adore it. Suffering with dry skin always means I need something leaving me hydrated and keeping any dry patches at bay too. This really does do the trick. I pop it on in the morning and it also makes make up application a lot smoother too.
  • DKNY Be Delicious 30ml (£34.99) -  I love this range of fragrance from DKNY. I find that Be Delicious is the strongest smelling scent I have tried from the range but definitely my favourite one. Personally I prefer to wear it in the evenings but it's long lasting and I've gotten so many compliments on the fragrance.
  • Bourjois Java Rice Loose Powder (£9.99) - I have wanted to try this out for the longest time and I am sure it was worth the wait. Released as part of Bourjois' anniversary and I can see why it's a best seller from back in the day. It gives a lovely radiant glow to the skin and sets make up well too. I like to use it a highlighter as well due to it's shimmery finish. 
  • Soap & Glory Thick & Fast Mascara (£10.50) - This was part of the Yule Monty gift set from Soap & Glory and why has it taken me this long to try it? The mascara wand is like a thinner cone shape and really lengthens the lashes well giving them a thickness as well. Somehow I don't already have anything similar to this mascara in my collection making it a great addition and often reached for.
What products have you been loving lately?




5 comments:

  1. I love my Bourjois foundation but I'm starting to dislike it because its a bit too heavy for me. :-(

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sound of the Bourjois primer I've never seen it anywhere! May have to give it a go next time I buy a primer!
    xxx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Revlon balm stain, it's such a beautiful shade! Very tempted to pick the mascara up to try :)
    Alice | Blog | YouTube | xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Bourjois Java powder sounds wonderful, definitely on my must-try list!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Need to try the mascara! And the Java powder sound such a good idea! Great post, Hollie X

    http://www.its-hollie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete